EGL92:FEC Audit File Does Not Show French Description Even If Run Control Language Is Selected as French
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Functionality
FEC TAX Audit FRA Issue
Normally, CompteNum should refer to the French chart of account (called PCG or PCEC for banks) and CompteLib (Description of the account) should be in French.
However, there are exceptions for French branches of foreign compagnies ().
In this case, it is allowed to show a different chart of account in CompteNum and let Descriptions in English in CompteLib :
- if the branch provides a mapping table to the French chart of accounts for CompteNum,
- if the desciption (CompteLib) is translated into English by and authorised translator.
The user wants to know how to achieve that Export FEC Data FRA reporting would consider the account and alternate account description in French and also keep the English description as per the Accounting standards.
When running Export FEC Data FRA with French language, the csv file generated should use the map the account and alternate account descriptions to the French description and not generate the report with English description.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure GL module is included for FEC reporting ( Navigation path: Statutory Reports > FEC Audit Files FRA > Setup FEC Products FRA)
2. Setup the accounts and alternate accounts to be included in the FEC reporting ( Navigation path: Statutory Reports > FEC Audit Files FRA > Set Up FEC Accounts FRA)
3. Make sure there is a french translation for the accounts used:
a) Open for e.g. account 10000 (Navigation path: Set Up Financials / Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design Chartfields > Define values > chartfield Values > Account)
b) If Data Language is English the account description is Petty Cash
c) If Data Language is French, the account description should be different, so the report will work, like Caisse
4. Run FS_FECEXPORT ( Navigation path: Statutory Reports > FEC Audit Files FRA > Export FEC Data FRA)
Result: the csv file generated is using English description instead of French one.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms