E-PPR: PeopleCode Visible Property Not Working Properly After Changing Page Order in Component
Last updated on MAY 31, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After moving a page down the order in a component, fields that were hidden before began to show up, and fields that were supposed to show became hidden. It appears the 'Visible' property stopped working as soon as the page was moved.
As an example, the issue is replicable in DEMO for the Voucher Regular Entry component in FSCM 9.2.
1. Login to PIA
2. Navigate to: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
3. Search for record Business Unit US0001 and Voucher ID TRNET04
4. Notice the Summary page and how it is displayed
5. Now open App Designer
6. Open Component VCHR_EXPRESS
7. Move the VCHR_SUMMARY_PG page to another location (by default the 2nd page), such as to the bottom to become the last page in the Component
8. Save component
9. Go back to PIA and access Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update >Regular Entry again.
10. Search for record Business Unit US0001 and Voucher ID TRNET04
11. Notice the Summary page and how it is displayed
Some fields are now hidden vs before (such as several address related fields), while others such as the exception hyperlinks are now displayed. If you then move the Summary page back to the 2nd position, things work again.
See also attached screenshots.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms