EGL9.2: FS_FECEXPORT Does not Populate LINE_DESCR in PS_FEC_RPT_D_ACC When UNPOST_SEQ is Greater Than 0.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Global
In the submodules, accounting entries do not always have the same unpost sequence as the corresponding journal in GL
This mismatch stops the line description being retrieved by the FEC process (FS_FECEXPORT.Default.LineDesc).
The line description should be retrieved by the FEC process even if the submodule accounting entries do not always have the same unpost sequence as the corresponding journal in GL
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Ensure submodules are included for FEC reporting in Statutory Reports > FEC Audit Files FRA > Setup FEC Products FRA.
- Setup the Alternate Accounts to be included in the FEC report, all FRA accounts between 1-799999, navigation Statutory Reports > FEC Audit Files FRA > Setup FEC Accounts FRA.
- Enable Alternate Account in Installation Options and in Ledgers For A Unit.
- Find a transaction from PS_EX_ACCTG_LINE where UNPOST_SEQ > ‘0’ and GL_DISTRIB_STATUS = ‘N’.
- Run journal generator from PS_EX_ACCTG_LINE.
- UNPOST_SEQ = 1 in PS_EX_ACCTG_LINE and UNPOST_SEQ = 0 in PS_JRNL_LN.
- Navigate to Statutory Reports > FEC Audit Files FRA > Export FEC Data FRA and run process FS_FECEXPORT.
- FEC_RPT_D_ACC is populated but does NOT contain LINE_DESCR.
- Issue is in FS_FECEXPORT.Default.LineDesc.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, reporting cannot meet legal requirements.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms