EEX 9.2: Error Message (180,236) At EX_SHEET_LINE.TXN_LOCATION.FieldEdit When Selecting A Location Value On A Per Diem Expense Report Line Transaction
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A problem in the delivered functionality has been detected when a User creates a new Expense Report transaction, with at least one Line using a Per Diem related Expense Type, but no Location has been defined . If a Save For Later is used, to save the transaction for the time being, a new Expense Report ID value gets generated automatically, at the same time that the incomplete Per Diem line is flagged in red. If the User then realizes the mistake, and selects an Expense Location from the list of valid available values, an Error Message is being thrown, which prevents the User from going further with any corrections on the affected trasnaction.
- Log into the FSCM Online Database as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Create/Modify
- Enter Employee ID KU0021, and click on ADD button
- Make sure to define the below values on the new Expense Report transaction:
- Business Purpose = Consulting Services
- Report Description = GCS Per Diem Location Test
- Default Location = LEAVE BLANK
- Transaction Date = Today's Date
- Expense Type = Per Diem - Hourly Range
- Description = GCS ER Line Per Diem Location Test
- Payment Type = Cash
- Transaction Amount = 25.00 USD
- Location = LEAVE BLANK
- At this stage, all the Expense Report Header, and Line information is entered, except for the Default Location, and Location fields that are left blank
- Save the Expense Report
- Confirm that an Expense Report ID number has been generated
- Confirm as well that the Expense Report Line with Per Diem Expense Type is flagged due to missing information at the line level
- Confirm as well that the Location field in the Expense Report Line level has been highlighted in red
- Proceed to click on the look-up feature on the Location field to find a list of valid values
- Select one Expense Location value from the list displayed
- The system automatically throws an Error Message
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
System automatically throws below mentioned Error Message instead of validating the Expense Location, and allow the further process of data entry on the transaction to provide/correct missing information on Expense Line.
" First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member Validate_Field. (180,236) EX_SHEET_LINE.TXN_LOCATION.FieldEdit PCPC:3131 Statement:37
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used. "
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms