Last updated on JUNE 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error when trying to approve Requisition line after denying another line.
The users are encountering an error when they are trying to approve requisition. The issue comes up when there are multiple lines in the Requisition and one of the lines has been denied. If the user tries to approve the other remaining lines, the error comes up.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) create a new Req by copying an existing Req.
2) Ensure that the requisition has more than one line. If not, Add another line and enter the required details.
3) Save the requisition, and click on the Submit for approval button next to Status.
4) After clicking the Submit for approval button, the Status is changed to Pending from Open.
5) Click on the View Approval link to view the name of users to whom request has been routed for approval
6) Login as one of the approvers and go to his Worklist, you can see the requisition pending for approval. Click on the link to take necessary action.
7) Select one of the lines in the request and click on Deny button after entering the comments
8) Now select another line of request and click on Approve button.
9) The page throws below error preventing user from approving the request.
An error occurred while taking action on the requisition. The following error occurred when calling DoApprove(): First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member thread. (180,236) SCM_PV_APPROVALS.Requisition.OnExecute Name:OnLineApprove PCPC:24246 Statement:374
Called from:EOAW_CORE.NotificationEventHandler.OnExecute Name:OnLineApprove Statement:657
Called from:EOAW_CORE.ENGINE.StageInst.OnExecute Name:UpdateApprove Statement:269
Called from:EOAW_CORE.ENGINE.StageInst.OnExecute Name:Appro
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms