Commitment Control Is Not Updated For Funds Distribution FDR Rows If The Transactions Encounter Budget Exceptions.
Last updated on JUNE 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When some of the rows created by funds distribution fail budget checking while others do not, the rows that passed budget check were distributed to the PROJ_RESOURCE table but not Commitment Control. The budgets are then adjusted and the remaining rows passed budget checking. These latter rows were sent successfully to PROJ_RESOURCE and Commitment Control. The rows that initially passed budget checking are never sent to Commitment Control.
All rows should have been sent to both PROJ_RESOURCE and Commitment Control Due to this issue, commitment control will not reflect accurate budget balances.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Enable commitment control for GL and PC. Enable Funds Distribution to run for incoming transactions.
- Create a project and an activity.
- Add a budget for the project that includes multiple lines with different chartfield combinations. Finalize the budget.
- Create a funds distribution for the project that creates multiple target rows. Have one of the target rows override a chartfield. The goal is to have source transactions that pass budget check create targets that include one that fails budget check.
- Add some cost transactions that will pass budget check but will create a Funds Distribution target row that fails budget check.
- Review Commitment Control (Project Costing > Budgeting > Review Commitment Control) and note that some rows are present. Review the PROJ_RESOURCE rows generated.
- Click the Send To Commitment Control button. Note the changes to PROJ_RESOURCE and the rows displayed on the Review Commitment Control page.
- Add a new budget detail line that will allow the failed rows to pass budget check and finalize.
- Click the Send To Commitment Control button on the Review Commitment Control page. Review the rows in PROJ_RESOURCE and Commitment Control - the Funds Distribution Reversal row (FDR) created for the Funds target row that failed budget check originally is never sent to Commitment Control.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms