EAM: WORK PAGES FOR COST ADJUST/TRANSFER ASSET ARE DISPLAYING
(Doc ID 2154498.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked For Currency 12/01/2017 ***
The ASSET_COST_WRK page is displaying in component Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset along with all other work pages for the component. The users are unable to decipher the display of data on these pages.
It should be possible to disable the display of work pages within the Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset component.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
Per the instructions in KM Doc EAM: The Basic Add, Define Asset Operational Information, and Retire/Reinstate Asset components always display all pages including work pages that should be hidden (Doc ID 1921777.1)
1) Remove the "PeopleSoft Administrator" Role from the User Profile Definition. Navigation: PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles > Roles
2) Exit PIA and Re-enter. Navigate to Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Financial Assets > Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset. Note that work pages are still available for display.
3) The "Financial Asset Manager" Role also causes this problem, because it uses the "EPAM1000" Permission List, which has the Retirement Work Pages marked as "Authorized".
Go to PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > Permissions & Roles > Permission Lists > Pages > Menu Name MANAGE_ASSETS > Edit Components > Component Name Asset Cost Adjust/Transfer > Edit Pages
4) Uncheck "Authorized?" on all work pages for the component.
5) Click OK.
6) Click OK.
8) Exit PIA and Re-enter. Navigate to Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Financial Assets > Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset. Note that work pages are still available for display.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document