EAM: WORK PAGES FOR COST ADJUST/TRANSFER ASSET ARE DISPLAYING
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked For Currency 12/01/2017 ***
Page ASSET_COST_WRK is displaying in component Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset as well as other work pages. All of the work pages are illegible.
It should be possible to disable the display of work pages from the Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset component.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
Per the instructions in KM Doc EAM: The Basic Add, Define Asset Operational Information, and Retire/Reinstate Asset components always display all pages including work pages that should be hidden (Doc ID 1921777.1)
1) Remove the "PeopleSoft Administrator" Role from the User Profile Definition. Navigation: PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles > Roles
2) Exit PIA and Re-enter. Navigate to Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Financial Assets > Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset. Note that work pages are still available for display.
3) The "Financial Asset Manager" Role also causes this problem, because it uses the "EPAM1000" Permission List, which has the Retirement Work Pages marked as "Authorized".
Go to PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > Permissions & Roles > Permission Lists > Pages > Menu Name MANAGE_ASSETS > Edit Components > Component Name Asset Cost Adjust/Transfer > Edit Pages
4) Uncheck "Authorized?" on all work pages for the component.
5) Click OK.
6) Click OK.
8) Exit PIA and Re-enter. Navigate to Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Financial Assets > Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset. Note that work pages are still available for display.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms