If Duplicate Names Are Saved On The Project Resource Page, The User Receives A 'No Matching Buffer' Error.
Last updated on JUNE 27, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If different Employees are created with the same name, the wrong employee may be saved in the activity resources which leads to a No Matching Buffer error when drilling down to the project resources page later.
This issue can reproduce as follows:
- Ensure that Program Management is installed.
- Create a new employee with the same name as an existing employee.
- Create a project and activity.
- Add the new employee via the Resources by Activity page
- Enter a role for the employee and save. The emplid of the original employee is saved instead of the new employee.
- The user then gets the error if they try and drill down on resources from the project general page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms