Last updated on JUNE 28, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Having enabled Commitment Control into the PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM General Ledger and Expenses modules, a system inconsistency has been detected in those scenarios where a submitted Expense Report gets budget checked at least twice through all the required approvals.
In such scenario, if the Expense Report was generated from an existing and approved Travel Authorization, and at least one of the Travel Authorization Lines got deleted, or was unused, from the Expense Report, upon launching the second Budget Checking process, the system re-populates the Monetary Amount Field from the Commitment Control Liquidation Table (Record Field PS_KK_LIQUIDATION.MONETARY_AMOUNT).
This problem is causing amounts to show once again into Record PS_KK_LIQUIDATION, while they should remain 0 as long as the Expense Report linked to the Travel Authorization has been budget checked successfully.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Enable Commitment Control on a particular General Ledger and Expenses Business Unit
- Enable Expenses Workflow for both Travel Authorizations (HR Supervisor), and Expense Reports (HR Supervisor, and Pre Pay Auditor)
- Have an Employee create a brand new Travel Authorization with 2 lines
- Submit the Travel Authorization
- Have the HR Supervisor budget check, and approve the submitted transaction
- Have the Employee default the Approved Travel Authorization into a new Expense Report
- Submit the Expense Report for approval
- Logged as the HR Supervisor, open the routed Expense Report, delete Line #2, budget check, and approve the transaction
- Query Record PS_KK_LIQUIDATION, and note that the MONETARY_AMOUNT Field for Travel Authorization Line #2 (the deleted one) is 0
- Confirm that the Expense Report has been routed by workflow to the Pre Pay Auditor level
- Log as the Pre Pay Auditor User, open the routed Expense Report, modify the Transaction Amount from the remaining Expense Report Line #1, budget check the transaction once again, and finally upon valid, approve the Expense Report
- Query Record PS_KK_LIQUIDATION, and note that the MONETARY_AMOUNT Field for Travel Authorization Line #2 (the deleted one) is no longer 0
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Record Field PS_KK_LIQUIDATION.MONETARY_AMOUNT is not equal to 0 for those Travel Authorization Lines that have been deleted from the Expense Report, or were never used upon defaulting them into the transaction.
PS_KK_LIQUIDATION Record should have all 0 in MONETARY_AMOUNT Field for Travel Authorization transactions, regardless if they were used, deleted, or modified once the encumbrances have been released by the Budget Check of the Expense Report.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms