EEX 9.2: Expense Report Print (EXC4500 XML Publisher) Behaves Inconsistently With Barcode Depending On Where The Program Got Executed (T&E Vs ESS)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Users make use of the Print Expense Report functionality at the Employee Self-Service level, the Report EXC4500 is not displaying any Barcode value. However, this does not seem to be the case when using the Print Expense Report feature from the main Travel and Expenses menu. On the latter scenario, a big Barcode gets displayed on the PDF resulting report. This inconsistency is confusing the Users.
Additionally, the system is adding unnecessary rows into Record PS_EX_HASH_TBL even though Barcode functionality is not being actively used.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Expenses
- At the Receipts Configuration section, make sure the below settings are set up:
- Option = Both Imaging and Attachments
- Attachment Location = Header and Line
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Create/Modify
- Define Employee ID KU0042, and click on the Add button
- Enter all the necessary information to create a brand new Expense Report, and click on Save For Later button
- Proceed to query Record PS_EX_HASH_TBL, and confirm a new row has been added for the recently created Expense Report (Fields HASH_KEY, and SHEET_ID should be populated)
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Print
- Open the recently created Expense Report ID transaction
- Click on the Print icon/link available
- Confirm that in the new EXC4500 PDF file, there is no Hashtag nor Barcode displayed for the Expense Report transaction printed
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Print
- Add a new Run Control ID named GCS
- Select the Expense Report ID we have just created and printed
- Launch the EXC4500 BI Publisher program
- Upon its Success, go gather the resulting PDF file in the proper folder from the Database
- Confirm that in this new PDF file, there is a Barcode Imaging being displayed, as per the value stored within Record Field PS_EX_HASH_TBL.HASH_KEY
- The same EXC4500 BI Publisher Report is behaving differently depending on which navigation menu path is used
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
There is an inconsistency in the behavior of the same EXC4500 Report (XML Publisher) depending on which page is the one calling the process. This is confusing the functional Users, specially those not actively using the Barcode Scanning functionality.
If the Barcode Scanning functionality is not activated at the Expenses Installation Options level, the EXC4500 XML Publisher process (Expense Sheet BI Publisher), should not display the Barcode value no matter where the Report is being executed from. Specially, Record PS_EX_HASH_TBL should not be populated with unnecessary values. Additionally, the behavior and display of EXC4500 should always be consistent.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms