EGL: Unable to View/Select New Tree Node Values in Chartfield Security Rules page.
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to view/select new tree node values in Chartfield Security Rules page for organization changes.
A strictly enforced Tree having 4 levels for Department CF is created with an effective date of 01/01/1900.
This tree is used by ChartField Security. Due to organizational changes, a new tree was created by copying the original tree and setup with current effective date.
To ensure ChartField Security is correctly updated with the tree changes, the new tree, effective date and corresponding level
is selected on the 'Define Security Rules' page for an existing Security Rule.
However on trying to select the Tree node associated to the level, it is found that the node is value is not found.
1. Created a Tree with an effective date of 01/01/1900 for Department ChartField with 4 levels excluding the leaf.
2. Used the Define Security Rule page to create rule for Department CF.
3. Selected 'Tree Node' as '*Field Criteria' and selected the SetID, Tree Name, Tree Effective Date, Level Name and Tree Node
4. Associated the Users to the Security Rule and ran the 'Build' process
5. Created a new Tree by copying the existing Tree and changed the effective date to current date.
6. Added a node to the new Tree and saved the Tree.
7. For the Security rule defined in step 4, selected the SetID, Tree Name, Tree Effective Date and Level Name corresponding to the new tree as mentioned in step 5 and 6
9. On trying to select the new node, system is not able to find the prompt value.
This is holding up the CF security configuration changes which is ultimately impacting the organization security change implementation.
Organizational changes to the Department is not getting implemented in terms of CF security which is an impact to processing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms