Updating a new Version of Contract on a Purchase Order Incorrectly Adjusts the Contract Released Amount
(Doc ID 2159546.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a new version of a contract is created and the associated PO is updated with new version the line amount in the contract goes away. Also the events page shows old version of the contract
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Navigate: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Purchasing > Set Controls-Contracts select the 'Check Version Control' checkbox.
2. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Add/Update Contracts and Create a contract with one item(Choose the Amount Only Item).
3. Set the Contract to Approved and Click Save.
4. Navigate: Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs and Create a PO by copying the Contract.Note Contract ID and Version.
5. Budget Check the PO and dispatch the PO.
6. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Add/Update Contracts Note Contract Line released amount is correct as per PO amount.
7. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Review Contract Information > Review Contracts by PO and Confirm Release and Contract Version.
8. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Review Contract Information > Events and Confirm Release and Contract Version.
9. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Add/Update Contracts > Find and Existing Value and Version the Contract – Click New Version.
10.Note Version 2 will be created in Open status.
11. Set the Status to Approved and receive the message –
"This action will make the Draft version become the Current version when you Save
If you leave the status as Approved and then hit Save, the Current version will become a History version and this Draft version will become the Current version"
12. Navigate: Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs > Find an Existing Value
The PO displays with the following message
"The latest contract version is available for the Contract associated with Purchase order lines.
Please use look up contract version on contract tab for new version and manually select if required.
Selecting new version will re-price entire line. Once latest version is selected and saved, you cannot revert the changes"
– Click Ok
13. Click the Contract Tab – note the Contract Version can be changed – Set it to 2.
14. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Add/Update Contracts > Find and Existing Value and check that the Released amount is now 0.00.
15. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Review Contract Information > Review Contracts by PO and check Release and Contract Version – Version and Amount are correct.
16. Navigate Procurement Contracts > Review Contract Information > Events and check Version is incorrect – Total Released is wrong – but detail is correct.When the change to the new version is made, the update is not carried throughout the system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document