Last updated on JULY 12, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Contract ID is automatically populated on the PO, even if no contract was entered on the original requisition and the auto defaults were turned off. This occurs when two separate requisitions are entered using the same Supplier ID, one referencing a contract ID and the other not, and when they are sourced to POs at the same time.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
In Add/Update Contracts, create an open item procurement contract. Auto-default option is turned off. In Purchasing Definition, BU defaults are set so that contracts are not defaulted on Requisition or PO.
1. Create the first requisition with no contract linked to it.
2. <<Use Contract if Available>> flag is checked. Leave the Contract ID field blank. Save & Submit the requisition.
3. Create a second requisition identical with the first one, with the difference that the Contract ID field is not blank in the requisition, but it contains the initially created contract.
4. Quick Source both requisitions.
5. Check the 2 created Purchase Orders.
6. Result: Both POs have contracts linked to them.
7. The first PO has a contract linked to it, even if the original requisition did not have any contract linked to it: this is incorrect.
8. The second PO does have a contract linked to it, as the initial requisition did have a contract linked to it: this is correct.
With the same setup as above, when only one requisition with no contract linked to it is sourced separately to a PO, then the resulting PO does not get a contract defaulted to it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms