Positions Using a Job Code with Frequency Other than ‘Hourly’ Causes Incumbent Update to Faill
Last updated on DECEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For ‘On Demand’ positions that use a Job Code that has a frequency other than ‘Hourly’, the incumbent update fails.
The Job Data Component Interface (CI) process fails and does not generate a CI log file.
Error calling method GetPropertyByName on an ApiObject of class CI_JOB_DATA: API error code 1. (2,822) FUNCLIB_CI.CI_FUNCTIONS.FieldFormula Name:ciUpdateProperties PCPC:13187 Statement:239
Called from:FUNCLIB_CI.CI_FUNCTIONS.FieldFormula Name:ciPerformAction Statement:583
Called from:FUNCLIB_CI.CI_FUNCTIONS.FieldFormula Name:ciUpdateItem Statement:717
Called from:FUNCLIB_HR.UPDATE_INCUMBENTS.FieldFormula Name:update_incumbents Statement:717
Called from:POSITION_DATA.STEP.SavePostChange Stateme
The Peoplecode program called the given method on an object of the given class, but it returned the given failure code.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Job Code that has a Compensation Frequency of Hourly.
2. Full/Part Time field should be set to ‘On Demand’
3. The Standard hours should be set to zero.
4. The ‘Update Incumbents’ and ‘Include Salary Plan/Grade’ check boxes should be ticked
5. Complete the following set-up on this employee
6. Insert a new row and change the position to the test position configured above
7. This will set the Full-Time indicator to ‘On Demand’
8. This will set the standard hours to zero.
9. This will set the compensation frequency to ‘Hourly’
10. NB For completeness, pay components should be aligned to an hourly frequency.
The alignment of the Compensation Frequency it will be retained on the JOB record to that of the Jobcode table, but always set this to Hourly if the position data record is On Demand.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms