Last updated on JULY 13, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Calendar Integration Issue with Hardcoded Template Names And New ICal/ics Calendar Feature
STEPS TO REPLICATE
The following steps require that the Calendar Integration value on the Install Defaults page be set to 'File'.
1. Navigate to Enterprise Learning > Notification > Notification Templates.
Add a new template. Give it a name, but not the same name as LM_ENRLMT_CONF_ILT, LM_ENRLMT_DPDNED_ILT, or LM_ENRLMT_CNCLED_ILT. In my example I created a template name 'Y_LM_ENRLMT_CONF_ILT'.
2. Select Enrollment-related from the Notification Category.
3. Give it a description, Subject, and Message Text. Save the template.
4. Navigate to Enterprise Learning > Notifications > Configure Notifications.
Open the appropriate Notification Event. Since I created a new enrollment confirmation template, the appropriate event ID is LM_ENRLMT_CONF_ILT.
5. Update the value of Template Name for the Learner recipient with the newly created template. Using my example, Y_LM_ENRLMT_CONF_ILT. Save the notification event.
6. Navigate to self-service, find, and enroll into any available class. For the sake of simplicity, a class without an attached approval workflow will save time.
7. Run the LM_NOTIFY process to generate the enrollment notifications.
8. When you receive the email notification, you will notice the email does not include the attached .ics or iCal file.
One can create additional templates with an alternative name such as Y_LM_ENRLMT_DPDNED_ILT or Y_LM_ENRLMT_CNCLED_ILT, update the appropriate notification event with the new template name, and perform the related action such as dropping an enrollment or having a scheduled class administratively canceled.
The results are all the same, the new notification template is delivered to the learner, but without the attached .ics or iCal file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms