Comments in Item Specifications Not Saved When RANDOM_CMMT_NBR is 0
Last updated on MAY 18, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Item specifications (comments) are getting random line numbers of zero and, since zero is bypassed in the code, the comments disappear from the Purchasing Attributes - Item Specifications, when the random generator links 0 to a comment inserted in the Item Specifications.
1. Go to Items- Define Items and Attributes > Define Item > Purchasing Attributes link > Item Specifications link. Enter a comment. Click Save.
2. Search again the item and check that the item specifications have been saved. They have.
3. Check the item in table PS_ITEM_SPEX_PUR.
4. If the RANDOM_CMMT_NBR generated for the updated item is 0, when we check in the system, the comments in the Item Specifications have disappeared.
6. Enter new comments for this item and save.
7. Search again for the item. The comments in the Item Specifications have disappeared again.
For Items with the RANDOM_CMMT_NBR=0, the comments in the Item Specifications are not being retained.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms