EGL9.2: Journal Could Not be Posted to Ledger. Encountered "Journal is currently locked for processing" after clicking 'Default' Button on 'Record Definitions' tab in Ledger Template
Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Journals could not be posted if 'Default ' button is clicked in Ledger Template of an existing or new Ledger Template.
Steps to replicate:
1. Create a new ledger template or open an existing Ledger template.
2. Click Default button on Record definitions tab. All required fields populated. Now save the Ledger Template.
3. Create a new detailed Ledger with that Ledger template & use the detail ledger in a Ledger group.
4. Attach the Ledger group to Business Unit & open Accounting period for Journal posting.
5. Create a new Journal for the Business unit chosen in above step, Edit and Post the journal.
Journal could not be posted to Ledger as encountered below message:
"Journal is currently locked for processing"
Per Development, In v9.2, the value PS_LED_TMPLT_TBL.RECNAME_JHDR_TMP for STANDARD and BUDGET ledger template should be JP_JHDR_TAO, this is a temporary table, it will be
allocated at the beginning of journal post Application Engine program.
JRNL_HDR_TMP is defined as SQL table. It is only used in 9.1 journal post cobol program. It is obsolete in 9.2 journal post AE program. However upon clicking the 'Default' button it incorrectly populates the RECNAME_JHDR_TMP as JRNL_HDR_TMP for 9.2 as well.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms