E-FLUID: Add To Homepage causes Optional Tiles to appear on Homepage, Tile Order is Lost
(Doc ID 2164097.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user uses the "Add to Hompage" feature to add a tile to the homepage, 2 problems occurs:
1. Optional tiles appear on the homepage for no reason
2. Tiles are re-ordered, forcing the user to have to re-order the tiles manually
The problem only occurs if the user has no previous Preference/Personalization data saved on the homepage.
The problem can be reproduced one of 2 ways:
1. With a brand new user:
- Clone or create a brand new user (PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > Copy User Profile)
- Sign in as the new user, note order and number of delivered tiles on the Fluid homepage.
- Use the NavBar and Navigator to navigate to any CREF, such as 'My Preferences'
- Add the component to the homepage via the Action Menu "Add to Homepage"
- Return to the Homepage and note the extra optional tiles added, and the re-ordering of the tiles
2. Existing user deletes and re-adds a custom homepage:
- User logs and click "Personalize Homepage"
- Click on "X" to delete the custom homepage
- Click "Add Homepage" to add a new custom homepage
- Navigate to any CREF via the Navigator, and add the CREF to the new custom homepage using the Action Menu "Add to Homepage"
- Return to the Homepage and note the extra optional tiles added
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document