EGL9.2: Equitization Process GLPQEQTZ Didn't Create Reversal Journals & Abended at Step GL_JP_RVRSAL.Process.InsHdr
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Equitization process(GLPQEQTZ) did not create Reversal Journals & abended at Step GL_JP_RVRSAL.Process.InsHdr as GLPQEQTZ process is not populating the Reversal Date on the Journals when there are multiple requests from the subsidiaries of a single parent are included in the same Run Control & no data present for processing for the subsidiary corresponding to first request.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Disable document sequencing in Installation options. This would allow us to deselect the Edit journals check box on Equitization request page.
2. Create 3 subsidiary Business units (MPS01, MPS02,MPS03 ) & 1 Parent Business Unit (MPSPP).
3. Attach a Ledger group(ACTUALS_EQ) to all the Business units & open the period for all the subsidiary as well as parent business units (01/01/2016 to 31/12/20016)
4. Create 3 separate trees for 3 subsidiaries as below:
Tree Structure: CONSOLIDATION, SetID: SHARE(same as Business units) & Using Level is not manadatory.
MPS01_TREE having leaves MPS01, MPSPP on root node.
MPS02_TREE having leaves MPS02, MPSPP on root node.
MPS03_TREE having leaves MPS03, MPSPP on root node.
5. Create Consolidations Ledger Set (MPS_LED) Including parent Business unit & the corresponding subsidiaries.
GL BU Ledger
6. Create Subsidiary ownership set for all subsidiaries
7. Create chartfield value set ACCT_INCOMESTMT that selects Accounts from tree ACCTROLLLUP, node INCSTMT
8. Create Equitization Rules for all 3 subsidiaries as follows:
EQ Rule Source - CFV Target
EQ_01 ACCT_INCOMESTMT Account, Affiliate MPS01
EQ_02 ACCT_INCOMESTMT Account, Affiliate MPS02
EQ_03 ACCT_INCOMESTMT Account, Affiliate MPS03
9. Create Equitization group using the rules creates in above step.
EQ Group Ledger Set Timespan EQ Rule Eq Reversal Affiliate Tree GL BU's in Tree
EQG_01 MPS_LED YTD EQ_01 Beginning of Next Period MPS01 MPS01_TREE MPS01, MPSPP
EQG_02 MPS_LED YTD EQ_02 Beginning of Next Period MPS02 MPS02_TREE MPS02, MPSPP
EQG_03 MPS_LED YTD EQ_03 Beginning of Next Period MPS03 MPS03_TREE MPS03, MPSPP
10. Enter and post 1 journal to each subsidiary bu except the one to be processed in first request i.e. MPS01 , see data in LEDGER below
Unit Ledger Account Date Code Currency Year Period Total Amt Amount Transaction Amt Base Curr
MPS02 LOCAL_EQ 100050 0 USD 2016 1 -500.000 -500.000 -500.000 USD
MPS02 LOCAL_EQ 500000 0 USD 2016 1 500.000 500.000 500.000 USD
MPS03 LOCAL_EQ 100050 0 USD 2016 1 -600.000 -600.000 -600.000 USD
MPS03 LOCAL_EQ 500000 0 USD 2016 1 600.000 600.000 600.000 USD
11. Request equitization including all 3 equitization groups in a run control. Make Sure Edit Journal checkbox is not selected for any of the requests.
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
Equitization Journals got created and Posted for Business units other than first request (MPS02 & MPS03) but reversal journals could not be created. Process failed with below error for all the requests:
Stmt #: 1723 Error Position: 1228 Return: 1400 - ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("EMDBO"."PS_JRNL_HEADER"."JOURNAL_DATE")
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms