E-RTE: Page Focus Jump and Performance Issues on Pages with Multiple Rich Text Editors (RTE)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a page has many Rich Text Editors (RTE) on the same page, for example with a RTE in a scroll area and the page having multiple rows for the scroll area, there are page jump/focus issues when server trips are made, and also performance issues for the page as well.
Some sample scenarios/symptoms include:
1. Main Menu > Recruiting > Find Job Openings
2. Click on any Job Opening link
3. Click on the Job Opening Details tab
4. Click on Posting link under the Job Opening Details tab
5. Click on the link under Postings column
6. Now goto the end of the page and in the Job Postings Destinations grid, change the drop down value for Posting Type.
7. Page jump occurs when server trip happens
1. Navigate to Team Performance
2. Open any ePerformance document with many items
3. Score all the items
4. After the fourth item when you add a score, the page focus moves up and down
1. Sign on to DEMO as a manager
2. Open Current Documents under Manager Self Service, Performance Management, Performance Documents, Current Documents.
3. Select an employee performance document with Document Status of Evaluation in Progress.
4. Click on the Long Format link, and then Expand All.
5. Click on Writing Tools to add performance notes.
6. Do this for several Goals, Responsibilities, Competencies.
7. After a few comment boxes are filled in, the response time diminishes, and continues to get worse with the more comments.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms