EAR9.2: Foreign Currency Direct Journal not Balanced in MONETARY_AMOUNT
(Doc ID 2165527.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 28, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Direct Journal
Depending on the sequence of steps performed, AR direct journal with foreign currency has its monetary amounts not balanced.
Monetary amount should always be balanced.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Market Rate between USD and CHF is 0.9690
- Create a new regular deposit for business unit CHE01. Bank is CHBK2, account CHCK and currency USD. Payment amount is 6875.02 USD. Make sure to enable ‘Journal Directly’.
- Navigate to Accounts Receivable > Payments > Direct Journal Payments > Create Accounting Entries, for line 1 enter Line Amount -7032.00 USD, Account 401000 and enter Line Descr.
- Add a second line (+ button). For line 2 enter Line Amount 156.98 USD, Account 402000 and enter Line Descr.
- Save changes.
- Click on Complete button and save.
- Message: There are no cash lines for this journal. (6040,762) is triggered.
- Click OK.
- Uncheck Complete button.
- Then click on Create button.
- The system adds a third line with 100000 account.
- Save changes.
- Amount in base currency is NOT balanced. To verify run the following SQL: SELECT SUM(MONETARY_AMOUNT) FROM PS_PAY_MISC_DST WHERE DEPOSIT_BU = 'CHE01' AND DEPOSIT_ID = '2';
- SUM(MONETARY_AMOUNT) = -0.01
- Then check Complete button.
- Save changes, deposit is still not balanced.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, in General Ledger journal cannot be posted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!