Last updated on JULY 28, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a template the employee sees all expense types regardless of role. They can select the restricted expense types and create Templates. When creating an expense report from a template these restricted expense types will display as invalid value.
1. Create an Expense Processing role.
2. Assign only a limited number of Expense Types to that role.
3. Assign role to an employee.
4. Open an Expense Report and verify that the employee can only select from the limited Expense Types setup.
5. Navigate to create template - Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expenses > User Preferences > Create/Update User Template and select Expense Types that are not allowed for employee's Expense Processing Role.
6. Select Template created in step 5 to create an Expense Report.
7. Open drop-down list for Expense Type.
8. Verify user see entire list of active expense types.
The drop down list shows (invalid value) for some Expense Types.
Expense Types applicable to employee's Expense Processing role should be visible.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms