EAM: Unique Constraint Error By AMIF1000 At AMIF_FIN_PHY3.310000.Step10 on PS_ASSET table
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running PC_AM for a specific asset, project and activity using the "Sum, Run and Load Transactions' application option the process fails during the asset creation with the following error:
This is only happening in our test environment which was upgraded from bundle 9 to bundle 34. Our training environment on bundle 9 does not have this error.
- Process abended attemping an insert into PS_ASSET as follows:
-- 01:32:07.605 Process 6361373 ABENDED at Step AMIF_FIN_PHY.310000.Step10 (Action SQL) -- RC = 805
-- 01:32:07.659 SQL Error: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYSADM.PS_ASSET) violated
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a project and activity defined to use manual capitalization for assets.
2. Add a journal expense to the project/activity
3. Run PC_GL_TO_PC
4. Define an asset in project costing
5. Relate that asset to the project/activity created earlier.
6. Asset the GLE journal expense transaction to the asset
7. Run PC_AM for a specific asset, project and activity using the "Sum, Run and Load Transactions' application option
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot create assets from project costing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms