Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EAM:Impairment Issues with Convention and Reversal
1. Go to AM, Owned Assets, Express Add. BU IMP01, profile Impair, dates 12/31/2011, cost 2555.00. In service date 1/6/2011, calc type life to date, life 48, method SL. Save.
2. Run AM_DEPR_CALC:
3. Run AM_DEPR_RPT thru 2014:
4. Go to the Impairment worksheet and select the asset created above.
Change the Impairment date to 9/1/2014 and the accounting date to 10/16/2014. Enter NSP% of 60:
Change the convention to AM. Hit the Retrieve button: See the loss is -813.88:
Check the Mark box and hit the Mark to Impair button:
Impair Status is Impair:
Hit Save – AMIF1000 invoked:
5. Run AM_DEPR_CALC:
6. Run AMDPREPT:
7. Go back to the Impairment worksheet.
Enter 200% NSP, convention AM.
Change the Impairment date to 9/25/2014 (same month as the original impairment),
Change the accounting date to 11/01/2014 (one month later than the original impairment accounting date).
Check Impairment Reversal:
Hit the Mark to Impair button --> nothing happens and the Impairment Loss is blank.
8. Go to AM, Owned Assets, Express Add. BU IMP01, profile Impair, dates 12/31/2011, cost 28000.00
Depr info: in service date 2/26/2008, convention AM, calc type life to date, life 120, method SL:
9. Run AM_DEPR_CALC and Run AMDPREPT:
10 Go to the Impairment Worksheet to select the asset created above.
Change the Impairment & accounting dates to 9/1/2015 Enter NSP% of 60 and convention of AM:
Hit Retrieve --> Impairment Loss will be -3,226.66
Check the Mark box and Hit the Mark to Impair button
Hit Save --> nothing happens.
11.Bring the asset back, but this time check the Mark box, then Save --> nothing happens.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms