ETL9.2: When GP_ABS_NARUN runs with success and TA stops due to high exceptions, absence does not load into payable time
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Qn:Explanation on how can we resend an AM transaction to T&L if it does not load the first time you load that AM calendar (because high exceptions exists in T & L)? If you follow the steps below you will have AM events that do not load to T&L. So what is the business process to get them loaded since they've already been processed in AM and the AM calendar sent to T&L.
Steps to produce the issue:
1) Enter absences for employees in Absence Management, calc and finalize them.
2) Create a high, unresolved exception in T&L for these employees on the day of any of the absences reported.
3) Run the AM to Payroll for NA/TL load process (Absence Conversion Processing) to load these absences to T&L.
- Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Management > Absence and Payroll Processing > Absence Conversion Processing > To Payroll for North America
4) Result is the absences for days where the high, unresolved exception exists do NOT load to T&L payable time leaving them in limbo since there is no way to re-send them to T&L once the exception is resolved.
Customer: I believe all with a high exception do not load. While yes we urge managers and timekeepers to clean them up it doesn't always happen. We have put a query in place to run before loading AM to TL to identify where an exception needs to be cleaned up to manage it manually but to not have the ability to resend transactions we feel is a lack of functionality the software should have.
We had no errors from GP_ABS_NARUN that we are aware of - it ran successfully. Does it have an error report or query delivered that we should be running when it completes?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms