Contract Max Amount is Exceeded when Multiple Requisitions Lines Referencing the Contract are Processed at the Same Time with PO Auto Source (PO_AUTO_SRC)
(Doc ID 2169907.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We have a procurement contract with a max amount of $90,000.00 but somehow the system allowed $92,044.05 to be released, resulting in a negative remaining amount of $-2,044.05.
The PO_AUTO_SRC process is creating purchase orders that reference a contract that exceeds the Contract Max Amount. This causes the Contract Remaining Amount value to be negative.
This occurs when the remaining amount on a contract is enough to process only 1 req line (by item). If there are multiple Req Lines that reference the same Item ID, but only enough Remaining Amount to accommodate one of the req
lines, both lines are sourced and the contract max amount is exceeded.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Purchasing Definition, Business Unit Options - uncheck Default Contract on Req and PO.
- Identify multiple items with Contract Required checked.
- Create a contract referencing the items
- Create multiple Requisitions referencing the items above.
- Run the PO_AUTO_SRC process.
- Review the Contract and notice that the Contract Max Amount has been exceeded.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!