Qty Corruption When Changing the Storage Location Type from Nettable to Non-Nettable Several Times Before Saving the EZ Transfer
Last updated on OCTOBER 28, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Quantity corruption at the Business Unit level when EZ Transferring a quantity from a regular location to a non-Nettable Location on hold and the Nettable Location is changed into a non-Nettable Location before saving the Transfer. As a result, the transferred quantity is twice as it should be.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Create a storage area. The storage location is on hold and not nettable. Save.
2. Create an EZ transfer to add quantity in the storage location created below then Save.
3. After the EZ transfer, review item balance by location. Qty Available has decreased. It's 100 less > it's OK because the quantity is on hold in the new Location.
4. Item balance by location shows a quantity of 100 EA has been transferred to AREAD location which is not nettable.
5. Create a new EZ transfer to transfer the 100 EA from AREAD location to another storage location. When the warning message appears, click on ‘OK’, do not close the current window
- Open a new tab in the window and access the material storage locations page.
- Check ‘Nettable’ checkbox and then click on ‘OK’ to close the message.
6. Save the modifications.
- Then uncheck ‘Nettable’ checkbox and save.
- Check the ‘Nettable’ checkbox again and save.
7. Go back to ‘Transfers’ page (tab already opened), select a destination storage location, type a quantity and save.
8. Review item balance by unit and by location.
9. Quantity available has been increased with 100 – this seems correct. When reviewing item balance by location, the quantity is equal.
10. At this point, you state: <
11. Now, I continued the scenario to produce a discrepancy.
12. I go back to Material Storage Locations and uncheck the Nettable flag. Save.
13. Create a new EZ transfer back to the AREAD location.
14. Now review Item Balance by Unit. The Qty Available is now less with 2X 100 – this is incorrect (it should be only less with 100).
15. When reviewing item balance by location, the quantity is correct.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms