New Employee Job Record is Not Created After Adding a Temporary Assignment
(Doc ID 2174106.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
New employee job record is NOT created after entering 'Temporary Assignment'.
New employee job record is created, with Action = Hold Substantive Job and Reason = On Temporary Assignment, after entering 'Temporary Assignment'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Main Menu>Workforce Administration>Job Information>Job Data
2. Search for existing employee
3. Add new effective dated row; on Work Location tab, enter 'Action' and 'Reason' both = 'Temporary Assignment'; enter 'Effective Date'; enter 'Expected Job End Date'; check 'End Job Automatically' check box.
4. On Job Information tab, select value for 'Duties Type', Save.
5. Exit Job Data.
6. Navigate back to Main Menu>Workforce Administration>Job Information>Job Data and search for Employee.
7. New Job Record has not been created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document