Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Closing
GLRN_CREATE ignores Chartflied set values used in rule when Creating Recon if no Activity
When running Create Account Reconciliation (GLRN_CREATE), Reconciliation is getting created for all BUs even though there are only few BUs specified in the Chartfield Set Values used in the Reconciliation rule. This issue happens whenever the "Ledger Options" on the Reconciliation rule is set to use "Create Recon and Require Approve" for "if no Activity" case. This issue does not happen when the value selected for "if no Activity" case is "Do not create Reconciliation".
After running Create Reconciliation using Reconciliation Rule with option "Create Recon and Require Approve" for "if no Activity" case, should not create reconciliation for all BUs, but only for those specified in the rule.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > ChartField Value Sets > Setup ChartField Value Sets. Create a Chartfield Value set with a few specific Accounts and one BU.
2. Go to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Configurations > Assignments
3. Create an assignment level for Account and Business Unit.
4. Go to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Reconciliation Rule. Under "Ledger Options" on the Reconciliation rule ensure that it is set to use "Create Recon and Require Approve" for "if no Activity" case. Use the ChartField Value Set on the "Chartfield Values to Reconcile" tab.
5. Go to GL > Perform Reconciliation > Reconciliation Set. Provide the business unit From and To values by selecting the whole range of Bus in the system. The Chartfield Value set has only one BU defined, but the Reconciliation set can have the whole range of BUs defined. The Chartfield Value set BU should override the range of BUs used on the Reconciliation Set.
6. Hit Create Reconciliation. Provide the reconciliation rule value (step 4). Run the process GLRN_CREATE.
7. Go to reconciliation workbench. Provide the criteria.
Result: Notice that reconciliation has been created for all the BUs in the range instead of only the BU specified in the Chartfield Value set used on the reconciliation rule.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms