EAP: Voucher Build erroneously creates Voucher as Approved instead of Pending
Last updated on JULY 02, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Voucher Build creates an EDI Voucher in an Approved Status with Approval Rules = Pre-Approved even though the Payables Options is setup as Voucher Approval = Virtual Approval.
However, if an on-line Voucher is created, the Approval Rules = Virtual Approver. If try to change the Approval Rules from Virtual Approver to Pre-Approve and save the page, a message occurs:
This voucher is required to go through approval process, you cannot change the approval status. (7045,6)
This voucher is required to go through approval process. You are not allowed to change the voucher approval status to 'pending' or 'default from a higher level'. To approve the voucher, go to the voucher approval page.
So, Voucher Build needs to be consistent with saving an on-line Voucher.
1. Payables Options > Vouchering Options 1 setup with Voucher Approval = Virtual Approver
2. Load the EDI file with Pre-Approved Voucher using Schedule Inbound EC Agent
3. Run Voucher Build with Voucher Build Interfaces = EDI
4. Voucher > Summary page shows Voucher with Approval Status = Approved
5. Voucher > Voucher Attributes page shows Approval Rules = Pre-Approved
6. Create an on-line Voucher
7. On the Voucher > Voucher Attributes page, change the Approval Rules from Virtual Approver to Pre-Approve
8. Save the page
9. Above message will appear
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms