Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Comments Functionality not working as configured in Supplier Registration approval process
Comments Functionality not working as configured in Supplier Registration approval process. PLease find attached document to replicate the issue.
1. Selected the check box for comments required at Supplier Request System setup for ‘Request Additional Information’. But it did not ask for comments to enter while requesting more information by approver.
2. Selected the check box for comments required at Supplier Request System setup for “Provide Additional Information” but still user is able to submit the application form without comments.
3. Selected the check box for comments required at Supplier Request System setup for “Deny Registration” but still it did not ask for comments to approver while denying the registration form.
4. Approval component does not show hyperlink for ‘Show/Hide Comments’ and comments drop down grid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Setup Financial/supply chain/product related/procurement options/suppliers/ supplier request system setup. Under reason codes make all required and mark comments required
2. Mark Registering Prospective Suppliers as new suppliers so that an email is generated. Save the page
3. Go to Suppliers/Supplier Registration/Manage invitations and create a new invite for a new company
4. Find email and click on link
5. This takes you to supplier page to start filling out data, complete all steps and than submit the request
6. Go to Suppliers / Supplier Registration / View History to find who the approver is. Go to tools security to find out log in and password
7. Log in as approver and go to worklist, find the request SUP_OB_SUPPLIER and open it
8. Deny the request, add reason code and comment
9. Notice there is no area to view the comment other then the Communications detail hyper link.
10. Go back to view history and the same issue is there no way to view comments and no Communications detail hyper link either.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms