Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Page hangs when uploading a file that is rejected by File Extension List. The page displays "Processing" and error messages (if configured) do not show up.
1. Create new Absolute File Extension List GCS_TEST_EXT_LIST: PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Administer File Processing > File Extension List. For example have it only accept .TXT files.
2. Create a new URL Definition that points to RECORD://PSFILE_ATTDET and associate it with the File Extension List above: PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > URLs
3. Test with the new URL Definition on the Test Utilities page.
4. Click Attach.
5. Browse for any file that doesn't have a .TXT extension, for example a Word document.
6. Hit 'Upload'
7. Notice the page is stuck in processing, with icon spinning on top right.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms