EEX 9.2: Expense Report ID Left As NEXT After Save For Later In My Wallet And Receipt Split Pages
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A system inconsistency has been detected when a User creates a new Expense Report, and Saves For Later the transaction. While the system has generated automatically the Expense Report ID number (Record Field PS_EX_SHEET_HDR.SHEET_ID = 'XXXXXXXXXX'), and placed the transaction into a Pending status (PS_EX_SHEET_HDR.SHEET_STATUS = 'PND'), the below two pages would still display the Report ID field as NEXT:
- My Wallet page (TE_EXP_WALLET)
- Receipt Split page (TE_RCPT_SPLIT)
A similar issue was reported for the Default Accounting For Report Page (TE_SHEET_SPLIT) through <Bug 22542008> (EX: After Expense Report Is Saved, In Default Accounting Page It Shows As NEXT), which got addressed in PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM 9.2 Image #18.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Create/Modify
- Define Employee ID KU0042, and click on ADD button
- Enter all the required Expense Report Header information
- Proceed to create a new transaction line with all needed fields
- Click on the Save For Later link
- Confirm that the system has saved the new Expense Report, placed it on Pending status, and generated an ID number for the transaction
- Continue by clicking on the 'My Wallet' link, to go to the My Wallet page (TE_EXP_WALLET)
- Notice that the Report ID is still displaying NEXT, instead of the generated value
- Click on DONE button
- Now click on the 'Receipt Split' available link at the Expense Report Line level
- The system brings the User to the Receipt Split page (TE_RCPT_SPLIT)
- Once again, the Report ID field is displaying a value of NEXT, instead of the automatically generated number of the transaction
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The fact that the My Wallet (TE_EXP_WALLET), and the Receipt Split (TE_RCPT_SPLIT) pages still display a Report ID value of NEXT even after having saved the Expense Report transaction is confusing for the Users.
Once a new Expense Report transaction has been saved into the system, all delivered pages should properly display the Report ID value generated by the system, and not anymore a value of NEXT.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms