EAR 9.2: Direct Journal Payments Accounting Entries Page Does Not Validate Data Upon Saving
Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When entering the Accounting string for a Direct Journal Payment within the Receivables module, the system doesn't allow the User to pick an Analysis Type value, unless Project Costing ChartFields are populated (Project Costing Business Unit, Project ID, and Activity ID).
However, in the instance where the User enters Project related information, and picks an Analysis Type value, to later on proceed to remove the Projects data again, the system accepts the Analysis Type leftover value at the time of saving, or generating the Accounting Entries. Actually, no ChartField in this page gets validated at the time of SaveEdit action. A Department could be Inactive, a Product, or Fund Code be no longer valid, that the system would allow its storage into the main tables.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Accounts Receivable > Payments > Online Payments > Regular Deposit
- Create a brand new Deposit, under Business Unit US001 making sure to select the Journal Directly flag
- Navigate to: Accounts Receivable > Payments > Direct Journal Payments > Create Accounting Entries
- Open the recently created Deposit ID, and go to the Accounting Entries tab
- Change the GL Business Unit field value from US001 to SPN01
- Enter values on the remaining ChartFields as needed, (such as Line Amount, Account, and Department ID)
- Click on the Analysis Type look-up feature
- Note that the system is retrieving Set ID SPN01, and there are no valid values listed
- Proceed to enter values in PC Business Unit, Project ID, and Activity ID fields
- Click once again the Analysis Type look-up feature
- Note that this time, the Set ID being used is SHARE, and there are valid values displayed
- Choose one, and save the changes
- Now, remove the values entered into the Fields: PC Business Unit, Project ID, and Activity ID.
- Save once again these last changes
- The system has not done any validation on Analysis Type field (if the look-up feature is used, no valid values are displayed, while the field still stored an incorrect value)
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The generated Accounting Entries contain invalid values in the Analysis Type field, or any other ChartField whose selected value may have been altered in its configuration pages. Eventually, those incorrect Accounting Entries will be journal generated into new Journal Entries in FMS General Ledger, sometimes failing Journal Edit validations.
The Direct Journal Payment Accounting Entries creation page (PAYMENT_MISC_DST) should have embedded into its delivered codeline validation functions that at the time of Save, or creating the Accounting Entries via the available Lightning Bolt, all ChartField values get validated one last time. If any inconsistency is found, such as an invalid value, the system should trigger an Error Message indicating to the User which Field contains an incorrect value, and that it should be corrected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms