ETL9.0:Component Date Problem
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Time Reporting
Component Date Problem
We are receiving an Invalid Date error on components that have different search and add records.
"Invalid date. (180,112) FO_TL_RAPID_TIME.FO_TL_BUSOBJ.SearchSession.OnExecute Name:ValidateDates PCPC:1335 Statement:26
Called from:FO_TL_RAPID_TIME.FO_TL_COMPONENT.SearchPageHandler.OnExecute Name:SearchSaveEvent Statement:8
Called from:FO_POPASG_ENTRY.GBL.FO_PREPOP_ADDVW.SearchSave Statement:1
An invalid date has been encountered in a Peoplecode program
Review the Peoplecode program to determine the cause of the error."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a browser and log onto a demo database.
2. Navigate to Time and Labor, Report Time, Time Entry for Open Assignment
3. On the search page enter the following (the order of events here is important)
a. Group Id – KUST1
b. Time Period – PSWEEK
c. Start Date – 12252006 (Be sure that the format is without any punctuation. Just numeric values is how you can reproduce this error)
d. End Date – 12312006 (Be sure this field is formatted like the previous field)
e. Rapid Time Template – KURTTE3
4. Do NOT press the search button. Instead click on the Add a New Value tab
5. All of your information is already filled in. Simply press the Add button
6. Once you press the Add button you get the above error
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the search functionality properly
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms