EEX 9.2: Credit Card Account Number Stored At Employee ID Field For VISA 4.0 Maintenance Files
(Doc ID 2178393.1)
Last updated on APRIL 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In looking directly at the VISA 4.0 file, it appears as though the record type (4) field number 23 (Employee ID) is properly coded with 9 position numeric (for instance 111222333), for a new Credit Card Account Number 1234 5555 7777 8999. However, when running the Credit Card Upload Application Engine Program (EX_DATA_LOAD), the transaction row gets stored directly into the Visa Card Errors Table (PS_EX_VISA_MNT_ERR), as the codeline logic was unable to match the Employee ID from the flat file against the Employee ID of an existing Expenses Profile, to load the Credit Card Account information into the Corporate Card Information tab.
More importantly, the Maintenance Card Errors tab for Visa Card Errors (Page EX_VISA_MNT_ERR), the Column Employee ID is displaying the full 16 digit Credit Card Account Number.
- Have from Credit Card Vendor Visa International a flat file following the Credit Card Maintenance Data format for 4.0
- Note that within the Account Maintenance rows, there is the below data structure, and values:
- Record Type 03, Field #2 Cardholder Identification = 1234555577778999
- Record Type 03, Field #3 Account Number = 1234555577778999
- Record Type 04, Field #23 Employee ID = 111222333
- Place the Visa 4.0 flat file into the Temp Folder of the Application Server Host of the PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM Environment
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Expenses
- Make sure to select the below two flags:
- Include Account Maintenance = Y
- Update Profile for New Account = Y
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Manage Employee Information > Update Profile
- Create a new Employee, with an ID of 111222333
- At the Organizational Data tab, ensure to have the below data:
- Employee Status = Active
- Hire Date = January 1st 2010
- GL Unit = US001
- Department ID = 15000
- Supervisor ID = KU0005
- Save the changes
- Click on the Validate button, to validate the new Employee's Expenses Profile
- Go to the Corporate Card Information tab, and ensure there is no Credit Card data present
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Corporate Credit Cards > Load External Data Sources
- Add a new Run Control ID, and define the following settings:
- Run Control ID = GCS
- Data Source = Visa 4.0
- Load External Data = Y
- File Name = (Path from the Application Server Host Template folder, and the flat file name)
- Launch the EX_DATA_LOAD Application Engine Program
- Ensure in Process Monitor that the run has completed in Success
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Corporate Credit Cards > Credit Card Maintenance Errors > Visa Card Errors tab
- Confirm that there is a new row, with Employee ID value of 1234555577778999 (the Credit Card Account Number), while it should display 111222333 instead
The Credit Card Upload Application Engine Program (EX_DATA_LOAD) is placing within Record Field PS_EX_VISA_MNT_ERR.VS_CARDHOLDER_ID the value of the 16 digit Credit Card Account Number, instead of the Employee ID value as per expected. As such, Credit Card information is displayed, unmasked, in the online in Visa Card Errors tab (Page EX_VISA_MNT_ERR).
The Employee ID information, stored within Visa Record Type 4 lines, on Field #23 (Employee ID), should be the Field to be used by the logic within Credit Card Upload Application Engine Program (EX_DATA_LOAD) to populate PS_EX_VISA_MNT_ERR.VS_CARDHOLDER_ID. Credit Card Account Number values should always be encrypted when stored in the system records, and masked when displayed online, for security reasons.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document