Effective Dated Row is Inserted for Marital Status and Addresses Despite the Data Being the Same in PDL/CTM
(Doc ID 2179091.1)
Last updated on APRIL 22, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Data Update Rules are acting differently after applying Bundle #41 and Patch 23543701 : PDL/CTM NOT ADHERING TO DATA UPDATE RULES SET AND PUBLISHING MESSAGES TO HR.
A new effective dated row is inserted despite the data being the same. If record does not contain marital status, a new row will have the marital status of 'U' (set up as default value in File Parser to load into staging). This could cause issues when the messages are published to HCM and there is a value other than 'U' in the marital status field. The new row would not reflect the marital status value.
If the entity data has an effective date, then the system inserts a new effective-dated row if the incoming data differs from the current effective-dated row.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to an environment which is on bundle #41, patch 23254407 and fix 23543701 applied.
2. In Data Update Rule, the update action for entity field "Gender" in Person Data Effdt is set to "Add If Blank". Entity for addresses is set to "Update/Insert".
3. Load applicant data for an existing ID using file parser.
4. Go to Application Transaction Management and post the transaction data to production tables.
5. Go to Add/Update a Person. A new effective dated row will be added in biographical history and in the addresses despite the data being the same.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document