EGL9.1+: Self Approval Not Working If Transaction Amount Falls in Approval Limits of Lower Level Approver
(Doc ID 2180642.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consider below scenario & see attachment to understand further:
1. Set up Approval process definition criteria to include journals from a particular source(e.g. ONL).
2. Enable approval at source level for the selected source.
3. Set Amount Criteria for Supervisor Approval(level 1 approval) as > 0 & self approval amount criteria as (Between 0 - 39999.00)
4. Set Amount Criteria for Manager Approval(level 2 approval)as > 40000.00 & self approval amount criteria as (Between 0 - 100000.00)
5. Log in as an Approver who is allowed to approve at Manager Level (Leve 2)
6. Enter a Journal for source ‘ONL’ with line amount which is greater than the self approval amount limit of level 1, but within the self approval amount limit of level 2 e.g. 50000.00
7. Enter another similar Journal for source ‘ONL’ with line amount which is less than the self approval amount limit of level 1(also within the self approval amount limit of level 2 ) e.g. 25000.00
8. Edit both the journals & Submit for approval.
The journal with higher amount gets self approved where as the journal with lower amount doesn't. Journal does not get self-approved when the amount falls within the approval limit of a lower level Approver. Is it the correct AWE behaviour ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document