EAR9.2 Chartfield Validation Creates Inconsistent Accounting Entries
(Doc ID 2183572.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating Accounting Entries under Accounts Receivable page, user can select inactive account and then save it without any error.
- The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Go to Main Menu Set Up / Financials/Supply Chain / Common Definitions / Design ChartFields / Define Values / ChartField Values – Account;
- Insert a new effective dated row (1st of January 2016) and set the row to Inactive status;
- Go to Main Menu / Set Up Financials/Supply Chain / Common Definitions / Design ChartFields / Define Values / SpeedTypes;
- Go to Main Menu / Accounts Receivable / Payments / Direct Journal Payments / Create Accounting Entries;
- Receive an error as the account is now Inactive (as expected) and then exit transaction without saving (given the error message received);
- Enter again the same transaction;
- Clear out the ACCOUNT field value and select the Search button;
- Select the Inactive account again;
- Press Save button and this time the transaction is saved successfully, which is not as expected (same error message should have been received as the one from step 5).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|