Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Functionality
Users are able to create same project id in different BUs.
The system should not allow users to create same project id in the system.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run query on PS_PROJECT and identify last PROJECT_ID created and its Business Unit
2. Navigate to Main Menu > Setup Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options
3. Select Project Costing for Product Options and Add a Last Project ID (Same Project ID found in Query on Step #1)
4. Navigate to Main Menu > Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information
5. Create a New Project using "Add New Value" Tab
a. Project ID should be = Last Project ID + 1 found in Query on Step #1
b. and Save New Project ID
6. Create a New Project using Add New Value Tab
a. Use different BU that the BU used when created new Project ID on Step #5
b. Project ID should be = NEXT
c. and Save New Project ID
7. Rerun query on PS_PROJECT and same Project ID will show twice under two different Business Units
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms