Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are unable to Inactivate a Translate Value and then use the Value having an Effective Date less than the Effective Date of the row being made Inactive.
Example Translate Value = EXAM_TYPE_CD delivered with an effective date of 01/01/1900, if the value of GEN for General Health with an effective date 01/01/1900 is already showing and then the user adds another row same value but makes it inactive as of 05/13/2016. The value is no longer available when trying to add a Physical Exam for an Employee; once it’s been made inactive regardless if there is an active row effective dated before 05/13/16, the General Health Exam Type is no longer available in the drop down.
Steps to Replicate
1. Navigate to: Workforce Monitoring > Health and Safety > Record Medical Exam Results > Physical Exam
2. Enter EMPLID = KU0006
3. Make Note of the Exam Types in the Drop Down General Health is shown
4. Navigate to: PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > Translate Values
5. At the search type EXAM_TYPE_CD
6. Find GEN for General Health
7. Insert a new Row Add Effective Date and make it inactive (I used current date)
8. Navigate to: Workforce Monitoring > Health and Safety > Record Medical Exam Results > Physical Exam
9. Enter EMPLID = KU0006
10. Add an effective date less than the effective date used to inactivate the Exam_Type_CD = GEN
11. Click on the Exam Type field
12. Note the Exam Type of General Health is no longer available.
By adding the inactive row for this exam type, in health and safety it doesn't take the effective date into consideration when adding new effective dated row for Physical Examinations
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms