ELM 9.2: Empty Manager Positions in ELM Manager Self Service
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Empty positions in ELM Manager Self Service.
Integration of PeopleSoft Portal, HCM and ELM and in HCM, Manager Positions ars allowed to have empty positions but not in ELM Manager Self Service.
Set up Three (3) positions:
- Position A (Manager at highest level)
- Position B (Manager at level 2, reporting to position A)
- Position C (Employee at level 3, reporting to position B)
Position A and C are occupied, position B is empty.
As position B is empty, position A is the temporary manager for position C. When the manager occupying position A is logging in in Manager Self Service, Manager can see the empty positions as his direct reports and is able to drill down to position C. This counts for the HCM MSS. But in the ELM MSS, Manager is not able to see the empty positions and is not able to drill down. So position A is not able to see position C, although this position is reporting to it.
Steps to Replicate Issue:
Integration exists between HCM and ELM, specifically for service operations WORKFORCE_SYNC and POSITION_SYNC.
1. In ELM installation table, there is an option to choose how the manager is determined, set it as Reports to By Position
2. Run Load manager data
3. When the manager logs in in ELM, he doesn’t see the empty position and so has no possibility to drill down
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms