Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Empty positions in ELM Manager Self Service
Customer has an integration system with PeopleSoft Portal, HCM and ELM. In HCM, it is allowed to have empty positions.
They have set up 3 positions:
- Position A (Manager at highest level)
- Position B (Manager at level 2, reporting to position A)
- Position C (Employee at level 3, reporting to position B)
Position A and C are occupied, position B is empty.
As position B is empty, position A is the temporary manager for position C. When the manager occupying position A is logging in in Manager Self Service, he can see the empty positions as his direct reports and is able to drill down to position C. This counts for the HCM MSS. But in the ELM MSS, he is not able to see the empty positions and is not able to drill down. So position A is not able to see position C, although this position is reporting to it.
Position C should see Position A as his/her manager in ELM when Position B is empty.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In ELM installation table, there is an option to choose how the manager is determined, set it as Reports to By Position
2. Run Load manager data
3. When the manager logs in in ELM, he doesn’t see the empty position and so has no possibility to drill down
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms