ETL 9.x : NAVIGATION ON UNITS OF MEASURE OPTIONS IS INCONVENIENT IN ACCESSIBILITY MODE
(Doc ID 2186966.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Other
sorting is working but it takes the blind back to the ‘Unit of Measure’ box to enter the desired value although it reads to the blind person that you are in the ‘units of measure’, but it is still inconvenient for the blind since they have to tab again to hear the options after sorting. This works for someone who is not blind because they can see the sorting and enter the name they like in ‘Unit of Measure’ but for the blind person it is inconvenient because they have to tab again once more to select and hear the options available. Also, The arrow keys left and right doesn’t work either. So, for example, if the blind person wants to navigate to the ‘Description’ or ‘Short Description’ for the first row they can’t. Pressing the tab will take them to the next rows within the same column. For example, it will go through the entire column within the ‘Unit of measure’ before entering the ‘Description’ column.
When accessibility mode is on, navigation through the 'Units of Measure' is inconvenient for the blind person.
1-Once blind selects either of Unit of Measure, Description or Short Description options for sorting, they should be able to navigate the options available instead of being taken to the 'units of measure' box
2-The arrow keys left and right should be enabled so that blind could navigate the options in a row instead of being forced to go through the entire column.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable the accessibility mode before signing in:
2. Set up hcm -> product related time and labor time reporting time reporting units of measure
3. Click on either the headings for sorting: Unit of Measure, Description or Short Description.
4. One sorted, it takes the cursor back to the 'Unit of Measure' box to enter. Blind would need to navigate down using tab once more to hear the options
5. Once they navigate down to hear the options, they have no options of selecting within a row, they need to Tab down the entire column before entering the next column
The issue has the following business impact:
It is very frustrating for a blind person to be able to navigate to their desired option within the units of measure page
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document