CRM - Getting a Data Inconsistency Error When Trying to Forecast
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM Sales - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Forecast
Getting a Data Inconsistency error when trying to forecast.
When an agent is navigating to ‘MY forecast’ Page and trying for a save, getting a data inconsistency error
Data being added conflicts with existing data
1. Login with VP1
2. Navigate Set Up CRM > Common Definitions > Calendars and Schedules > Time Frames
3. Create the Time Frame
4. Navigate to Set Up CRM > Product Related > Sales > Forecast > Forecast Names
5. Create Forecast Names
Create Opportunity and Forecast Opportunity
1. Log in as a sales user
2. Navigate to Main Menu>Sales>Search Opportunities
3. Open an Opportunity
4. Navigate to the Discover tab
5. Verify the sales rep is there
6. Verify Forecast Summary Close Date is within the forecast timeframe
7. Navigate to the Propose tab>Forecast grid
8. Verify one item is forecasted with a Forecast Date within the forecast timeframe
9. Login as VP1
10. Navigate to Sales > Reports > Forecast By Sales Rep for the Forecast
11. Run Forecast By Sales User for all Sales Users and Timeframe.
12. Run Forecast successfully
13. Logout of VP1
14. Login as the sales user
15. Navigate to Sales>Search My Forecast
16. Open a forecast within the timeframe
17. The Forecast page>Forecast Details grid will display but the grid will be blank
18. Within the Forecast Details grid, click the View Details icon . A warning dialog box will appear. Notice behind the warning the Forecast Details grid is populated. Select OK to the warning
19. Select Save and the following Data Inconsistency error is displayed. Notice the Forecast Details grid is no longer populated.
20. If this does not occur on the first attempt, when you first open the forecast page and you click on the View Details icon , just save the forecast and you will get the error too. After you save the “Reforecast” button displays and you can try to Reforecast. The typical warning dialog box will appear. Select Yes.
21. Select Save and the Data inconsistency warning is displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms