Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ACTUAL SYSTEM BEHAVIOR
When applicant uploads a resume, using resume extractor, the Degrees page populates with degrees that have been made inactive in Profile Management. For example, the Content Type DEG, Degree BT, is made "inactive" as of 1/1/1900. Applicant uploads a resume indicating a Degree "Bachelor of Theology". The resume extractor populates the degree page with the degree BT, even though it is inactive. On the Qualifications, Education page, the Degree is shown as a blank line with an edit and delete icon. If the applicant selects the edit icon, then the specific Degrees page appears showing the date acquired, the degree BT, country, state, and name of school.
Due to this issue, applicants can add obsolete content to their application, which will cause problems evaluating the application, and also cause problems transferring the data to Employee profile if the applicant is hired.
The resume processor should ignore degree codes that have been classified as "inactive" in Profile Management.
WHAT WORKS RIGHT:
When applicant applies without uploading a resume, the inactive code is not available for selection in the drop-down list of values. This is as expected.
1. On Content Items page in Profile Management, make a content item inactive (e.g., make Degree 'BT' inactive)
2. Run synchronization processes (Set Up HCM > Product Related > Recruiting > Utilities >Data Mapping Categories; Select Degrees; Click on Sync Now.)
3. Go to Careers page and apply for a job opening.
4. Upload a resume that contains the same degree as that which was made inactive.
5. In the section of the on-line resume that contains the affected content type (e.g., Education, Degrees), note there is a blank line for a degree. Click on the edit icon (pencil).
6. Note that the degree code and school information fields have been populated for the inactive degree.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms