EGL9.2: French Statutory Audit Files (FEC Report) Is Not Appropriate If Account/Line Description Contains a Comma(,)
(Doc ID 2188001.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While French FEC Report generated in csv format it doesn't appropriately populate data for the entries if ACCOUNT_DESCR/LINE_DESCR contains a comma (,). The values for the fields that follow these description fields are shifted to next column(s) in the report. e.g.
Content of column A, B & C respectively
JG-PU:Journal Generator - Purchase:GN-JG201605000000:20160526:670000:Interest
Content of column A should be as it appears for other rows
JG-PU:Journal Generator - Purchase:GN-JG201605000000:20160526:670000:Interest, Expense:::BUY0100000004525:20160526:Interest,Expense:8.8:0:::20160526:500:INR
Steps to replicate:
1. Modify the account description of an Account to contain a comma (,).
2. In PIA navigate to Statutory Reports > FEC Audit Files FRA > Set Up FEC Accounts FRA. Search for SetID 'SHARE¿ & click on 'Clear¿ Button
3. After the page gets refreshed, click on 'Populate From Account¿ button & choose include/exclude the accounts to be reported
4. After the accounts got populated check the account description for the account whose description was modified to contain a comma (,).
5. Enable document sequencing at installation level & also for a Business unit that would be used for test.
6. Create a journal for the Business unit including the accounts that have special character in account description. Also include an account that doesn't have any special character in account description.
7. Edit & post the journal created in previous step.
8. Generate French FEC report with appropriate Language, Business unit,Ledger, Fiscal year & period combination to include the journal posted in
Modify the account description of an Account to contain a comma (,)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document