E-AD : Same Message Catalog Entry can be added multiple times in the same project
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.51 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The same message catalog entry can be added multiple times in the same project with different descriptions.
8.55.xx to 8.5x
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create new message catalog set and message.
2. Insert the new message catalog entry into a project and save the project.
3. Go back to PIA and modify the description on the Message Set and save.
4. Insert the same message catalog entry into the project and save.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as you like.
6. Project now contains N instances of the same object.
Issue is caused by the face that the description is stored in PSPROJECTITEM in OBJECTVALUE3 (which is a key).
Having a key on a non-unique, mixed case and non-key on the source table (PSMSGSETDEFN) is not justified.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms