In CS 9.2, HTML Tags Appear in Description Fields for Manage Service Indicators and To Do List
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
html tags appear in description fields
There are pages where the html tags appear in description fields instead of displaying a web link.
1. Description field on the View Service Indicator page (Campus Community > Service Indicators (Student) > Manage Service Indicators).
2. Description field on the To Do Item Detail page (Self Service > Campus Personal Information> To Do List).
HTML tags shouldn't be displayed in the description/text box.
The first issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Set Up SACR - Common Definitions - Service Indicators - Service Indicator Table.
2. Search for a service indicator code.
3. Click on Service Indicator Reasons tab, add something in the Long Description field.
4. Navigate to Main Menu - Campus Community - Service Indicators (Student) - Manage Service Indicators and add a Service Indicator for a student.
5. Review the Description - the html tags will appear.
and, the second issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Main Menu - Campus Community - Checklists - Set up Checklists - Checklist Item Table.
2. Add comment for a Checklist Item Code.
3. Assign checklist to a student (Campus Community - Checklists - Person Checklists - Checklist Management - Person).
4. Login as a student and go to Self Service - Campus Personal Information - To Do List or go to Self Service - Student Center - To Do List.
5. Click on Application Fee in the Item List.
6. Review the Description - the html tags will appear.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot properly read the checklist comment and Service Indicator description in Self Service.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms