In CS 9.2, HTML Tags Appear in Description Fields for Manage Service Indicators and To Do List
(Doc ID 2189354.1)
Last updated on MAY 03, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
html tags appear in description fields
There are pages where the html tags appear in description fields instead of displaying a web link.
1. Description field on the View Service Indicator page (Campus Community > Service Indicators (Student) > Manage Service Indicators).
2. Description field on the To Do Item Detail page (Self Service > Campus Personal Information> To Do List).
HTML tags shouldn't be displayed in the description/text box.
The first issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Set Up SACR - Common Definitions - Service Indicators - Service Indicator Table.
2. Search for a service indicator code.
3. Click on Service Indicator Reasons tab, add something in the Long Description field.
4. Navigate to Main Menu - Campus Community - Service Indicators (Student) - Manage Service Indicators and add a Service Indicator for a student.
5. Review the Description - the html tags will appear.
and, the second issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Main Menu - Campus Community - Checklists - Set up Checklists - Checklist Item Table.
2. Add comment for a Checklist Item Code.
3. Assign checklist to a student (Campus Community - Checklists - Person Checklists - Checklist Management - Person).
4. Login as a student and go to Self Service - Campus Personal Information - To Do List or go to Self Service - Student Center - To Do List.
5. Click on Application Fee in the Item List.
6. Review the Description - the html tags will appear.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot properly read the checklist comment and Service Indicator description in Self Service.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document