E-FTP: Attachments with Unicode/Multibyte/Non-English Characters in File Name Not Working With HTTP/HTTPS Repository
(Doc ID 2189771.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.53 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In situations where a HTTP/HTTPS file repository on the PIA web server is used for file attachment storage, and users try to upload files with Unicode/Multibyte/Non-English special characters in the file name (such as characters such as ÀÃÇÊÉêçá etc.), the file name gets corrupted on the web server. The special characters are changed into question mark or unknown characters (for example the Unicode U+FFFD � Replacement Character). Subsequently users won't be able to retrieve/download the file after uploading. Delete/Detach will also fail.
- Setup HTTP Repository in configuration.properties by setting the HttpRepositoryPath parameter
- Setup URL Definition (PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > URLs) with URL: http://server:port/psfiletransfer/site/
- Set URL Properties
- Test with Test Utilities page:
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Utilities > Debug > PeopleTools Test Utilities
- For URL Id or String URL textbox, enter: URL.<URLNAME>
- Use "Add" button to upload a test file eg. àÀáÁãÃçÇéÉêÊÍíóÓúÚüÜ.txt
- In the HTTP repository on a Windows PIA server for example, see that the filename gets changed into ��������������������.txt
- Use "View" / "Detach" / Delete" button to test downloading/deleting the file
- File does not download or delete
Sample error in trace for ViewAttachment():
PSAPPSRV.3184 (594) 1-944 09.45.59 0.000000 PSCurlFileTransferSession: MapErrorcode.
PSAPPSRV.3184 (594) 1-945 09.45.59 0.001000 ExecuteGetAttachment: Return code : 1
PSAPPSRV.3184 (594) 1-946 09.45.59 0.000000 PSCurlFileTransferSession: Destructing the file transfer library object.
PSAPPSRV.3184 (594) 1-947 09.45.59 0.000000 ExecuteDownloadAttachment (error): return code (1) indicates attempt to download file from storage (for viewing) failed.
PSAPPSRV.3184 (594) 1-948 09.45.59 0.000000 EvalViewAttachment (error): return code (1) indicates attempt to view file in storage failed.
PSAPPSRV.3184 (594) 1-949 09.45.59 0.000000 EvalViewAttachment: finishing and returning 1.
The FILETRANSFER log will show error:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document