WHEN UPDATING QUANTITY IN MAINTAIN STOCK REQUEST, It is failing With Error FIRST OPERAND OF . IS NULL
(Doc ID 2191913.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Other
When attempting to decrease a stock request quantity
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member Name. (180,236) SCM_IN_FULFILL_DEMAND.ExistingDemand.TransactionElement.OnExecute Name:DoEventLogging PCPC:66234 Statement:1026
Called from:SCM_IN_FULFILL_DEMAND.ExistingDemand.TransactionElement.OnExecute Name:DoTransactionUpdates Statement:226
Called from:SCM_IN_FULFILL_DEMAND.ExistingDemand.TransactionObject.OnExecute Name:ApplyChangesToDemand Statement:112
Called from:SCM_IN_FULFILL_DEMAND.ExistingDemand.OnExecute Name:ApplyChanges Statement:346
Called from:INV_CHG_WRK.BUSINESS_UNIT.SaveEdit Statement:162
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable Security Options. User Id level Security with Security for BU turned on
2. Run Apply Security Setups process
3. For the user X, add a single business unit with the no other BU associated with this user
4. Go To Inventory > Fulfill Stock Orders > Stock Requests > Maintain Stock Requests. Search for a Purchase Requisition in this BU.
5. In the combo box down below, use the Update Quantity menu item and decrease the quantity by 2.
6. Clicking OK and Save will result in the above error.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot decrease a stock request quantity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document